Blaupunkt TravelPilot 500
In order to update your GPS device: Blaupunkt TravelPilot 500 with the latest update, follow next instructions.
First of all, be sure you got the update file for your Blaupunkt TravelPilot 500 device, downloaded from SpeedcamUpdates.com.
If still haven't got it, you can get it now filling the form you see on this page.
- Extract files from the SpeedcamUpdates zip package. If the file you have downloaded is not a ZIP file means the file is already decompressed, and you can continue with the next step of this installation instructions.
- Connect your Blaupunkt TravelPilot 500 device to your PC using USB cable. When your PC detect a new external storage drive, open the folder "./TravelPilot/Navigation/ownPOIs."
- In this folder you will see two subfolders called "Hints" and "Icons" . Delete the first one ( Hints) and delete all files with extension "bmp" from the second one (Icons). Now copy all files with extension bmp extracted from the SpeedcamUpdates zip file in the Icons folder.
- Now copy all files with extension "asc", you extracted before, into the folder "./TravelPilot/Navigation/ownPOIs".
- Disconnect your Blaupunkt TravelPilot 500 device from your PC. Then reboot it. After the Blaupunkt TravelPilot 500 device has booted, click in menu "/map settings/points of interest/my POI/speedcam" and activate the acoustic and visual alert.
In order to install the speedcam information into your Blaupunkt TravelPilot 500 device you have to download TPAssist application. Click the next link to download.
TPAssist Software.BlauPunkt Property. Not available on this site.
Remember you can customize freely your download. Get access to the customer control panel and using the customization tool in order to get a customized speedcam database according to your needs. You will need this tool if your device doesn't accept the size of the new update. You can add and remove countries speedcam data to your current setup.