BMW Serie 1 (E81 / E82 / E87 / E88)
In order to update your GPS device: BMW Serie 1 (E81 / E82 / E87 / E88) with the latest update, follow next instructions.
First of all, be sure you got the update file for your BMW Serie 1 (E81 / E82 / E87 / E88) device, downloaded from SpeedcamUpdates.com.
If still haven't got it, you can get it now filling the form you see on this page.
- Extract files from the SpeedcamUpdates zip package. If the file you have downloaded is not a ZIP file means the file is already decompressed, and you can continue with the next step of this installation instructions.
- Using your favorite recording software, record the ISO image into a DVD+R disc.
- Insert your recorded DVD into your Professional Navigator. The new disc will be detected. iDrive suggests to turn off your system and waits for 5 minutes. You can do it and wait for 5 minutes, or you can reboot your iDrive system, pressing Volume Button, Eject CD, and Eject DVD all of them at same time. Then new disc will be read. And your system is ready with the new disc.
- Speedcam Icon, which is a red circle will be shown on the map by default. You don't need to do anything else.
- Do login into your Porsche account thru My Porsche
- Once you connected to MyPorsche website, select Services option.
- Then, select Portal List POIs button.
- Now, press Configure Portal List POIs button
- Press upload destination list button.
- Press browse button.
- You will need the files downloaded from our website.
- Upload each file and save it.
- Press now the button for updating the destination lists in your vehicle.
- Finally press the switch button and set it into the green state.
- Turn on your BMW Serie 1 (E81 / E82 / E87 / E88) GPS device.
- Press NAV button.
- Touch in the screen, the Special Destinations button.
- Now touch the Search Nearby button.
- Touch Portal Special Destinations.
- Touch Update List
- Select your user login to connect to the MyPorsche portal
- Touch the Online Update button.
- Check the box for downloading the new available package and press the start button.
- Now you can enable new pois to be shown in the map. Select MAP. Select OPT. Select Map View. Select Map Layers. Check the box for new POIs and select all the new categories still not checked.
- Audio warning can be enabled too. Select SET MAP. Select Notices. Select POI Proximity Warnings. Check the box for Enable Proximity Warnings feature.
The file you've received is an ISO file. It has to be recorded in a DVD+R disc. So you will have to use a DVD Recorder. You will need DVD+R discs. If you've purchased All Europe option, you will need 3 DVD+R discs.