In order to update your GPS device: Kenwood DNX5170DABS with the latest update, follow next instructions.
First of all, be sure you got the update file for your Kenwood DNX5170DABS device, downloaded from SpeedcamUpdates.com.
If still haven't got it, you can get it now filling the form you see on this page.
- Extract files from the SpeedcamUpdates zip package. If the file you have downloaded is not a ZIP file means the file is already decompressed, and you can continue with the next step of this installation instructions.
- For kenwood devices that supports SD card.
- Insert in your PC or card reader, a blank SD Memory Card. Run POI loader. In the first screen of POI Loader select "Custom Folder". Now select a folder where the new files will be saved. We choose the SD card drive. Browse to the folder where you extracted the files before. Select Express Mode, and wait for the application finish copying a new binary file for your Kenwood DNX5170DABS device. When the process finished, you will see a new file called poi.gpi. Take out your SD memory card and insert it into your Kenwood DNX5170DABS device. Now you have to copy that file in a specified folder. Now copy that file in a directory structure like [SD]:\garmin\poi\poi.gpi.
- For kenwood devices that does not supports SD card.
- 1. Create a folder on your computer called " garmin ".
* NOTE: Users of models DNX7240BT DNX9240BT have to create a subfolder called " poi ". The final structure should be like this "garmin\poi"
* NOTE: depending on the firmware of your kenwood device your folder called garmin should be called Garmin with upper case G. i.e.: " Garmin \ poi "
2. Run POILoader.
3. Select "Custom Folder "
4. Browse to the folder where you extracted our speed camera database.
5. Follow the on screen instructions.
6. Use POI loader to create the output file from database, choose " Custom Folder" and then select the garmin folder you created in Step 1
7. Browse for your POI folder and follow the on screen instructions.
8. Burn the folder containing the new files into a CD-R. Burn the CD as "Data CD" and be sure to finalize CD.
9. Insert CD into the Kenwood unit and it will be updated automatically.
In orden to transfer the speedcam database information to your Kenwood DNX5170DABS device you have to use POI loader application. Click next link to download it.
POI Loader Software
Remember you can customize freely your download. Get access to the customer control panel and using the customization tool in order to get a customized speedcam database according to your needs. You will need this tool if your device doesn't accept the size of the new update. You can add and remove countries speedcam data to your current setup.